Rise Above Challenge: Day 21
Tune into Nature
We are wired to feel more present and grounded when we are in nature, so today your challenge is to connect with nature in any way possible.
Here are some simple, mindful ways you can connect with nature (even when you are social distancing):
- Talk a walk and really notice the trees, plants and flowers. Give gratitude for the oxygen they are providing and appreciative for their beauty.
- Explore a park or somewhere new (this a practice that will spark creativity as well)
- Sit and watch an animal, or an insect going about its day until it departs.
- Open a window, feel the fresh air, sit and listen to the sounds of trees swaying and birds chirping.
- If you can, sit beneath a tree until it lets go of a leaf and you see (or even hear) it fall to the ground.
- Watch the waves until the wind changes directions or stops
- Or simply sit until a cloud completely changes shape, and disappears or passes on the horizon.
Feel free to share your favorite way to reconnect with nature in the comments below!